|Center City, Philadelphia|
There are many things to celebrate about the new zoning code, like Philadelphia finally updating their development process to make things simpler, but I think the biggest accomplishment is that our local politicians are finally starting to see the potential in our great city. Hence, spending some bucks to make life easier for those who want to invest in Philadelphia.
Without going into full detail (which you can do here), here are a few things the new zoning code will accomplish:
- Reduced number of zoning classifications
- Robust civic design review process
- Role of Philadelphians in the zoning approval process
In other words, the new code will take us out of our stale, archaic process we've relied on since the 1960s and give us a more fair, sensible way of decision making.
Here are some other links to help you out:
- Philly's new zoning code getting good reviews
- A new zoning code for a different Philadelphia
- Toward a more competitive, livable city